Premiership Rugby is an English professional rugby union competition, consisting of twelve clubs, and is the top division of the English rugby union system.
The competition has been played since 1987, and has evolved into the current Premiership system. The current champions are Saracens. The most recently promoted side are the Bristol Bears, who will return to the top flight in 2018.
Sotic have held a long-standing partnership with Premiership Rugby, and in that time the website has been redesigned a number of times, but most recently was updated to match their new brand guidelines. The updated site went live, along with related assets, to coincide with the launch of the new sponsor Gallagher and the Gallagher Premiership.
This update included:
- New Premiership and tournament branding added to the site, including logo and font
- All old sponsor logos and branding were replaced across other services provided by Sotic, such as MatchDayMailCloud
- A new menu structure was launched to improve the user experience
The site features:
- Clean and simple navigation
- Content aggregators mixing media types (video, imagery, news, feature posts and match previews and reports) and related media suggestions, allowing the user to tailor their journey around the site.
- A super click matchcentre, updated in real-time during matches and with an intuitive layout enabling fans to get a full overview of each match, the stats, the players involved as well as all the crucial scores.
- Fully integrated live and historical statistics for players and teams
In addition to the website, Sotic also provide a content service and a bulk mailing platform used by Premiership Rugby.