We Are Hiring – Marketing Executive
An opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Executive to assist with the external promotion of Sotic. This key role will involve responsibilities across all areas of marketing and PR including digital marketing, content and copywriting, helping to increase awareness of Sotic and how we, and our product and services, can assist sports organisations with achieving their strategic goals.
Your responsibilities as a Marketing Executive will include:
• Gathering contact information for key decision makers in the sports industry and general administration in the support of proactive sales outreach activity
• Working closely with the Commercial Director to develop and implement marketing strategy
• Creation of engaging content for all Sotic’s channels including website and social media including blogging around client activity, relevant industry news and Sotic developments.
• Monitoring and measurement of marketing activity
• Keeping abreast of new developments in social media and sport industry-specific online activity
• Maintenance and development of the Sotic website
• Producing and ensuring Sotic’s marketing materials, such as information decks on our various products and services, are kept up to date so that they are available when required
• Proactively seeking PR opportunities and establish media contacts
• Supporting/arranging events
• Communicating with clients to advise them of updates or changes
As with any small company there is a need for the person to be flexible – this is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Based in the booming tech hub of Cardiff, Sotic is an award-winning specialist provider of digital services, websites and software applications to the sports industry.
Trusted by some of the biggest names in sport, since 2002 Sotic has been working with leading rights-holders including the Six Nations, Premiership Rugby, Tour of Britain Cycling, International Motorsport, Aberdeen FC and World Sailing to deliver cutting edge online experiences for their fans.
Our growth has been achieved by remaining focused solely on this industry, developing practical solutions which meet the unique day-to-day needs of the sector. Our commitment to Open Source solutions, using the latest technology and above all our dedication to providing world-class support to all our customers sets Sotic apart from the competition.
We pride ourselves on creating an atmosphere of autonomy and our conscientious, self-motivated and committed team members enjoy our culture of flexible working patterns and reciprocal support. Our values are quality, innovation and passion and we endeavour to incorporate those values into everything we do!
You’ll be a proactive marketer with an eye for an opportunity, a passion for both sport and digital marketing and the ability to create compelling content for B2B marketing.
Essential skills and experience
• You’ll have at least one year’s experience across the marketing mix with an emphasis on digital marketing including social media channels, online advertising, PPC, SEO and current digital trends and how organisations can use it to achieve their goals. You’ll also understand how strong marketing can play an important role in developing a sales pipeline.
• Given that all Sotic’s clients work in sport and that we are marketing our agency to sports organisations, a strong interest in sport and how digital marketing can attract and engage fans is essential.
• You’ll possess strong communication skills, both oral and written. A significant part of this role will involve writing press releases, articles and blogging on industry issues to highlight Sotic’s products and services
• You’ll be creative and able to come up with marketing ideas
• You’ll be proactive and able to work on your own initiative
• You need to be able to effectively prioritise and manage tasks with excellent organisational skills
• You will have a strong attention to detail
• You will be confident with IT across the Microsoft spectrum including Powerpoint. You’ll also have experience of using a website content management system, email marketing platforms and graphic design tools such as Canva and/or Relay That or similar
Desirable skills and experience
• Educated to degree-level in a communications or marketing related discipline
• Experience of creating simple video content for use on digital channels
Salary and Location
This role is based in our Cardiff office and we offer a full-time salary of £23,000 as well as 23 annual leave days per annum, including three Wellbeing Days.
We would be willing to consider this as part-time role working Monday-Friday for 4 hours each day (20 hours/week).
Sotic is a flexible employer.
CLOSING DATE 12 NOON THURSDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2019
INTERVIEW DATE 5TH DECEMBER 2019
To apply please send us your CV and something which highlights exactly why you think you’d be a great fit for this role. This could be a covering letter, a video or anything you think hits the spot. Email everything to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE